The "Rainbow Mountain" in Peru, also known as Vinicunca, is an spectacular place near the snowy Ausangate glacier which is considered a sacred mountain by local people, is one of the most important deities of ancient Cusco. Since pre-Inca times the mountain has been a place of worship and offerings and this tradition continues untill nowadays.
Most trips that let you see the "Rainbow Mountain" requires a trek of at least five or six days. That has changed with this new itinerary. We have designed for this walk, so now that it can be done as a day trip.
On this walk you will see picturesque villages, beautiful “adobe” houses, herds of llamas and alpacas, and you will have a magnificent view of the glacier Ausangate (6,385 m / 20,945 feet).
With the beauty and uninterrupted solitude, this is a spectacular journey for hikers who love a true outdoor adventure.
The itinerary is as follows:
- 3:40 am – 4:20 am. Pick up from your hotel and departure from Cusco to Quesiuno Town, average 3-hour trip.
- 7:20 am Breakfast (Quesiuno Town)
- After breakfast we continue the journey to the starting point 20 minutes away.
- 8:20 am Start the walk.
- On the way you will enjoy landscapes full of flora and fauna.
- Duration between 3 to 4 hours average to arrive at the "Rainbow Mountain".
- 10:45 am We will arrive to the “Rainbow Mountain”.
- 11:20 am Downhill to the starting point.
- 13:45 pm Lunch in Quesiuno town.
- 15:00 pm Van from Quesiuno to Cusco City.
- 18:00 – 19:00 pm Arrive to Cusco city. We finish the activity one block away from the main square.
Walking level: Demanding
It is recommended to be in good physical condition
- Transport (roundtrip)
- 01 breakfast
- 01 Lunch
- Professional guide English - Spanish.
- Entrance ticket to the Rainbow Mountain.
- Horses S/. 70.00
- Food undescribed
- Phone calls
- Travel and accident insurance
- BOOK NOW
PRICE: USD 40.00 Group Service